Thursday, November 6, 2008

6 November 2008

Ugh, woke up with a case of the blahs today but faced up to it and "rised and shined" (more or less) anyway. After another typical breakfast of peanut butter, oatmeal, a banana, and a glass of 1% milk headed out the door...

Work day went smooother than yesterday. Slowly but surely getting our computer software and LiveScan isssues sorted out. It seems like there's a wrinkle or a roadblock at every step, however. Ran commissary as is the usual Thursday thing. All went (more or less I say again) okay.

After work a nap on the couch and then...a tempo run! One mile to warm up at a slow, easy 12:30 pace and then picked it up for four miles @ 9:oo pace. Then...a cool down mile at same easy pace as warm up for a total of another six miles. This was a good quality run followed by a spinach omelette on a slice of whole wheat toast with a glass of OJ. Nothing like breakfast for supper...

2 comments:

Pat said...

I always have trouble running the first mile slower. Of course, I can't hang on at a faster pace for as long as you do either.

I thinking about my second full marathon next October. Either Twin Cities or Chicago.

Joe said...

I've yet to run a full marathon yet! I think, however, I have decided on the Tulsa route 66 one a year from now on Nov. 15. In the meantime (I think I've said this already, lol) I'm planning on another half in February in Fort Worth.

BTW...I'm in the slow process of getting use to this blogger thing! Thanks for your comments and encouragement as I "grow" in this thing.