Saturday, November 8, 2008

Plans

Life, John Lennon I think it was once said, is something that happens while you're busy making other plans. So for right now, as life happens, my plans (as far as Me Maintenance goes) is to keep on keeping on with my SmartCoach plan of running an average of thirtysomething miles per week as I seek the long term goal of running a full 26.2 marathon just over a year from now on November 15th 2009 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

But in the meantime...

I want to run another half-marathon February 28th of next year at the Cowtown event in Fort Worth, Texas and then my second 10k come May in Wichita Falls, Texas. And THEN I want to get down and get serious on the heavy duty training to get fit for the full Mary in Tulsa. Also, the plans are, I want to take a little break from the running next August in order to ride my bike in the annual Hotter 'n Hell Hundred bike race in Wichita Falls.

So there are the plans. While life flows on and happens stay tuned...

3 comments:

Pat said...

sounds like a good plan. But, I'm not sure about any bike race by that name. LOL.

Good luck

Joe said...

It's an appropriate name. Have you ever been in Wichita Falls, Texas in August? LOL.

Anonymous said...

You will rock the marathon in Tulsa! Are you running anything during the last part of 2008?

Healthy regards.