Monday, November 10, 2008

A "Cutback" Week Begins...

Today is the start of what my SmartCoach plan calls a "cutback" week. In other words my mileage drops back from the steadily growing "10% per week rule" of mileage increases. So this week I'll log (or plan to log) twenty-seven miles -that's down from thirty-five last week. I'm kind of glad for the break!

Tonight I went to the gym and did my usual twice-a-week circuit of weights. Tonight I upped my bench press sets to four @ 10 reps of 105 lbs. All in all it was a pretty good work out as gym work outs go for me. I'm just not that "into" the weight training but I know it's important for building a strong core for running and the occasional scuffle and wrestling match I have to do from time to time at work.

Tomorrow is a holiday for me and so I'll either do my scheduled six mile run either in the morning or afternoon. We may go to Wichita Falls for the day and do some Christmas shopping and to just get out of town while gas prices are cheap. Stay tuned...

No comments: